By Chef Hillary Gallagher
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. finely grated carrots
3 oz. golden raisins, plumped and drained
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the lemon juice, cilantro, and sugar.
- Gradually whisk in the oil.
- Toss the dressing with the carrots and raisins.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately as a side dish to accompany grilled chicken or fish. It also goes great as a condiment with hummus or falafel, and it can be served as a salad component as well.