- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 6 Thai chili peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 jar yellow curry paste
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
Coconut Curry Sauce Procedure
- Sweat the onion and chili peppers in oil.
- Deglaze the onions and peppers with mirin and fish sauce.
- Add the coconut milk, heavy cream, curry paste, zest, and juice, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool.
Thai Coconut Curry Mussels Ingredients
- Desired quantity of mussels for your family/guests, cooked or uncooked (uncooked preferred)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2-3 Thai chili peppers, minced
Thai Coconut Curry Mussels Procedure
- Coat a medium saute pan with cooking spray or oil and heat on high.
- Add 2 or 3 Thai chili peppers (these are very hot — be careful) and mussels, and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the desired amount of coconut curry sauce into the pan (1 pound of mussels needs at least 1 cup of curry sauce).
- Bring the mussels and curry sauce to a boil.
- Once mussels have opened, they are ready to serve.
- Garnish with cilantro.