City of Canton residents can call the Canton Public Works Department at 770-720-7674 to schedule pick up of weeds, grass, hedge trimmings, leaves, brush, and tree limbs by using the following guidelines:
- Leaves, grass clippings, and yard waste (small sticks and brush) should be placed in paper lawn waste bags to receive expedited service. Paper bags can be purchased at hardware and grocery stores. The use of plastic bags for yard waste is prohibited. Rocks and dirt are not accepted (including plants and shrubs with dirt attached to the root system) and should not be placed in lawn waste bags.
- Do not combine leaves with any brush.
- A maximum of six bags will be collected weekly per residential property.
- Loose-leaf pick-up can be requested as well but will be scheduled based on availability.
- Brush and limbs must have a diameter smaller than six inches and a length no greater than six feet. The overall size of the pile shall not be taller than six feet or wider than six feet.
- The City of Canton will pick up brush once a week per residential property, upon request.
- Removal of leaves, grass clippings, brush, and trees cut by contractors will be the responsibility of the resident’s contractor.
- Do not stack yard waste in the street, blocking sidewalks, near fire hydrants, cable or utility boxes, stormwater catch basins, mailboxes, or any other public utility receptacles.
Advanced Disposal will also pick up yard waste as part of your regular weekly service with the following guidelines:
- Limbs must be bundled and tied with rope or string. Bundles may not exceed thirty pounds and cannot be greater than four feet long and four inches in diameter.
- There is a weekly limit of eight brown recycle bags, bundles, or a combination of the two (not to exceed the eight bag limit for trash and yard waste combined).
- Items must be at the curb before 7:00am on collection day.
- Grass clippings and leaves must be in bags or placed loose in a separate container labeled “yard waste.”
The following items will not be accepted: tree trunks, limbs greater than four inches in diameter, whole trees, logs, dirt, rocks, or Christmas trees.