Risotto Ingredients and Procedure:
1. Select your favorite Italian Arborio rice, and prepare it according to package instructions.
2. Finish it with one cup of parmesan cheese.
Shiitake Mushroom and Fire-roasted Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
10 Roma tomatoes, roasted and charred on the grill then pulsed in a food processor
1 small Vidalia onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups full-flavor chicken stock
8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thick
¼ cup brandy
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
Shiitake Mushroom and Fire-roasted Tomato Sauce Procedure:
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a sauce pot.
2. Add the onions, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook until they start to sweat.
3. Add the shiitake mushrooms, and cook slightly until they start to soften, and the juices start to render.
4. Add the brandy, and reduce slightly.
5. Add the roasted tomatoes and chicken stock.
6. Reduce over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes or until the consistency has thickened.
7. Add the thyme, and turn the heat off, but leave the pot on the stove top to remain warm.
Grilled Lamb Chops Procedure and Plating:
1. Grill 4 lamb chops to your desired preference of doneness.
2. Put a generous bed of risotto on a plate, and top with a lamb chop.
3. Top the lamb chop and risotto with the sauce, making sure to get a decent amount of shiitake mushrooms on each.
4. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.