By Chef Paul Bodrogi
- 2 oz. water
- 5 oz. sugar
- 2.5 oz. egg whites
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. chopped pistachios
- 3 oz. canned dark cherries
1. Line a bread pan with plastic wrap.
2. Whip the heavy cream until very soft peaks form.
3. Pour egg whites into a mixer with a whip attachment.
4. Cook the sugar and water to a temperature of 248 degrees.
5. When the sugar mixture is at 240 degrees, begin whipping the egg whites on medium speed.
6. When the sugar mixture reaches 248 degrees, slowly pour it into the whipped egg whites, and whip until cool.
7. Fold the pistachios and cherries into the whipped egg whites.
8. Fold in the whipped heavy cream.
9. Pour the mixture into the bread pan, and tap it to level the mixture.
10. Cover, and freeze the mixture overnight.
11. Slice to serve, and drizzle with *chocolate sauce.
*Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 oz. chocolate
- 1 oz. butter
- 1/2 oz. corn syrup
Chocolate Sauce Procedure:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place over a hot water bath, and stir until melted.