By Chef Hillary Gallagher
(makes 16 oz. or 1 pint)
¼ cup basil leaves,
4 oz. sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
3 garlic cloves
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
8 oz. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the basil, tomatoes, garlic, Parmesan and pine nuts in a food processor, and pulse until the ingredients are evenly chopped.
2. With the food processor running, add the olive oil, and purée to an even-textured paste.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
*To serve with pasta
1. Boil 1 lb., of your favorite pasta according to package instructions.
2. Reserving some of the pasta water, drain and rinse slightly.
3. Sauté your favorite vegetables in olive oil, add the pasta,
a ½ cup of the pasta water (more if the sauce is too thick), and stir in the pesto.
4. Garnish with more basil leaves and freshly grated Parmesan.