• 4 oz. chicken cutlet
• ½ cup seasoned flour
• ¼ cup buttermilk
- Preheat a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Coat the chicken in buttermilk, and dredge it in seasoned flour.
- Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes.
Sweet Potato Waffles
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup rice flour
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• 6 egg whites
• 1 cup whole milk
• ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
• ¼ cup butter, melted
• 1 cup sweet potato puree
• Vegetable oil spray
- In a large mixing bowl, sift in all the dry ingredients.
- Next, add the sweet potato puree, milk, and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer to whip the egg whites to a stiff peak.
- Gradually fold the egg whites, a third at a time, into the waffle mix.
- Heat a Belgian waffle iron to its highest setting. When hot, spray the metal grates with vegetable oil spray, and scoop ½ cup of waffle mix into each section. Close the lid, and cook until golden brown (4-5 minutes).
Cracked Mustard Maple Syrup
• 1 cup maple syrup
• ¼ cup whole-grain mustard
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together, and heat in the microwave until warm.
• 5 lbs. peaches
• 3 cups sugar
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• 1 vanilla bean, halved and scraped
• 4 oz. bourbon
• 1 cinnamon stick
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, combine all the ingredients, and bring the mix to a boil. Reduce the heat, and let it simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the vanilla bean and the cinnamon stick.
- Puree the mix with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Serve on top of the chicken with the waffles and syrup.